ATA Carnet: Passport for goods
Find out how the ATA Carnet can simplify the temporary admission of goods abroad.
What is an ATA Carnet for?
The ATA Carnet is an international customs document.
It allows tax-free and duty-free temporary export and import of goods.
It’s a passport for goods!
No matter the means of transportation, using an ATA Carnet has many advantages:
- Accepted by 87 countries around the world.
- Facilitates the temporary admission of imports abroad.
- Simplifies customs procedures.
- Combines all goods in the same customs documentation.
- Reduces cost for the exporting company.
- Saves on time in transit area.
Is the ATA Carnet for you?
If you are travelling with equipment related to your work, the ATA Carnet is your best option, no matter your field of expertise.
What are the conditions to meet?
To be eligible, the merchandise must fit into one of the following categories:
- Commercial samples
- Professional equipment
- Goods for use at trade fairs, shows, exhibitions.
Be aware of restrictions.
- The admission must be temporary.
- The goods cannot gain in value.
- The goods cannot be altered in any way, which includes repairs.
- If the goods are subject to regulation, using an Ata Carnet does not exclude them.
How long does an ATA Carnet remain valid?
- The ATA Carnet is valid for one year.
- During this period, entries and exits of goods are unlimited.
- The carnet is a non-renewable document, but a transfer can be requested from the authorities prior to the expiration date.
The ATA Carnet will soon be digital!
By downloading the app, it will soon be possible to stay connected to your ATA Carnet anytime and anywhere! No more paperwork! The documentation will be digitized, grouped, and accessible in just a few clicks!
Don’t wait any longer … contact our ATA Carnet experts today and simplify your transportation forever! Contact us now!